BR351 is producing print and online content about architecture! We are researching on the best way to publish architecture on these new digital media such as the iPad and other tablets…
42 posts tagged xs
“Personally I like the concept of having a magazine of content created by someone who is very knowledgeable about an specific subject. I am not sure however if existing concepts of magazine translate into the digital arena.”
“(…) Oz for digital publishing is still a very long digital brick road.”
“(…) Very few people write blogs or produce any type of media these days, people seem to prefer clicking a “like” button, or retweeting someone else’s content. It would be more accurate to describe this as social distribution of media — it most definitely is not social media. (…)”
“We think tablet technology will create a new group of tablet-only publishers. It will include those who haven’t had the capital to launch previously and also small to medium print publishers who will convert to tablet only. Many times these kinds of publications don’t have the funding for a full-time sales force.”
So why build an app when you could more easily build a website that works on more screens?
There are plenty of reasons.
• Because you want to sell it.
• Because you want to make content accessible on a small screen, in the case of mobile apps.
• Because you want to leverage device capabilities: a camera, accelerometer, compass, GPS, iTunes library, in-app purchasing.
• Because you want to deliver content with reliability and immediacy, regardless of whether there is an internet connection.
• Because you want to create a unique experience that is designed for maximum impact on a particular device.
Otherwise, it makes sense to build a website.
Not an app.